Collect and use of information
- If you create an Account directly on our Websites, we will collect certain information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, and year of birth (“PII”).
- If you create an Account using your login credentials from one of your SNS Accounts, we will be able to access and collect your name and email address and other PII that your privacy settings on the SNS Account permit us to access. We do not receive or store passwords for any of your SNS Accounts.
- If you create an Account and you are a host, we will collect additional information from you which will be used to create your host profile. This host profile and your information is used to provide our Services. This information may include: your name, email address, date of birth, home address, telephone number, and biographical information that you choose to share in order to create your Host Profile.
Booking Process. In addition to creating an account, you may also decide to create a booking to use our Services. When creating a booking, we collect additional information needed to process and provide our Services as follows.
- If you create a booking directly through our Websites, we may collect the names of your guests, your local telephone number or hotel address, any request for transportation as an additional service, and allergy and dietary restriction information. Payment for these Services will be processed through Stripe, a third-party processor . WAL does not store your credit card information in our database.
- You may create a booking through one of our third party providers, including a travel agent, tour operator, or online tour and activity provider. If your booking is created through a third-party provider, they may provide us with your name, age, email and contact telephone number. This information will be used to process your booking and provide you and your host information needed to render our Services.
Marketing Information. You have the option, when creating an Account with us or by providing your email address for a newsletter subscription, to consent to the receipt of newsletters and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the Opt-Out procedure.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies that We Use.
- Location – in some cases, we collect and store information about where you are located, if you permit us to do so. We may use location information to improve and personalize our Services for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
WAL expressly requests that you consent to cookies when you visit its Website. In order to decline cookies from the Website, you will need to make adjustments at the browser level (i.e., by going to your browser’s settings regarding cookies).
Permissive Cookies: These cookies are not necessary to the functioning of the website and a visitor to the Websites may opt-out to the use of these cookies.
What Information Do We Share With Third Parties?
We will not share any PII that we have collected from you except as described below:
Information Shared with other Account Holders: Each Traveler and their applicable Host will, upon receipt of a confirmation of Confirmed Booking, be made aware of each other’s respective identity and contact information. This means that if you are a Traveler, we will share your name and email address with the Host, and we may share your telephone number with the Host, and if you are a Host, we will share your name, home address, and email address with the Traveler, and we may share your telephone number with the Traveler. This is necessary in order to provide the Services.
Information Shared with Our Services Providers. We may engage third party service providers to work with us to administer and provide the Services, including payment processors (such as Stripe and Paypal), used to process payments for our Hosts and Travelers, database and web services companies, used to securely store our data and act as web servers, and analytics companies (such as Google Analytics), used to improve our website performance. These third-party services providers have access to your PII only for the purpose of performing the Services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your PII for any other purpose.
Information Shared with Our Partners. We may work with partners that operate guided tour services in locations in which we offer our Services. Such partners will promote our Services, and we may share information about Hosts located in those locations to allow these partners to make Host bookings. These partners include travel agents, tour operators, and online tour and activity providers. To the extent possible, we will notify you as a Host if your information will be shared with a partner. We will not share any information about Travelers with such partners. Partners, if they choose to make a booking with us, may also provide us information on their Travelers. This information will be limited to name, age, email address and local telephone number, which will only be used to conduct the Services; this information will also be shared with the relevant Host that Traveler has booked in order to deliver the Services they have signed up for.
Information Shared with Third Parties. We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (iii) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
The Security of Your Information
We implement appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect the personal information that we collect and process, both while in transit and while in storage. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we use reasonable security safeguards to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Your Privacy Rights
You can always opt not to disclose information to WAL. However, some information may be needed to use our Services.
You can accept or reject cookies through clicking on the banner image visible on the homepage or other site navigation pages. You can also do so by adjusting your web browser controls.
At any time, you can withdraw your consent and opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing communications by using the unsubscribe link in the emails communications or by emailing us at email@example.com
If you have any account for our Services, WAL will still send you non-promotional communications, like service-related emails.
Exercising Your Data Subject Rights
You have the right to access, review, update, rectify, and delete any personal information that WAL holds about you, or exercise any other data subject rights available to you under applicable data protection laws. You can access and modify the PII associated with your Account through the profile page in your Account. If you want to delete your PII and your Account, you can do so through the Settings page in your Account, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
International Data Transfers
Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to children under 18 and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 18. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 18, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com